Friday, May 23, 2008

Vocabulary: over- and under- prefixes (answers)

  1. The municipal government is trying to find a solution to the problem of overpopulation in the city's downtown area.
  2. The police closed down the bar for serving drinks to underage people.
  3. We had expected 250 guests, but almost 500 people came. We really underestimated how many people would come.
  4. The HR manager looked at my three university degrees and told me I was overqualified for the job.
  5. I wore a t-shirt to the part, and everyone else was wearing suits. I felt so embarrassed because I was underdressed.
  6. I told her the news and she almost had a heart attack. I don't know why she overreacted like that.
  7. People who work in this factory are usually overworked and underpaid: their job is difficult and they earn little money.
  8. If you overload the donkey, you might break its back!
  9. She always spends the whole day dreaming of magical castles and handsome princes. She has an overactive imagination.

No comments: